Here you can find information on various kinds of DAAD funding for students, graduates and postdocs as well as on funding offered by other selected organisations.
Information on the Corona virus - as of 17/03/2020
Research Grants – Short-Term Grants • DAAD
The primary aim of this programme is to promote research projects within the context of doctoral programmes.
Who can apply?
Doctoral candidates who are already doing their doctorate at a German university cannot apply.
What can be funded?
Duration of the funding
- One month to a maximum of six months; the length of the grant is decided by a selection committee and depends on the project in question and the applicant's work schedule.
- The grant is non-renewable.
- Depending on academic level, monthly payments of
euros 850.- for graduates,
euros 1,200.- for doctoral candidates and postdocs
- Payments towards health, accident and personal liability insurance cover
- Travel allowance
The most important selection criteria:
- a convincing and well-planned research project or course of continuing education
- academic achievements