Buscador de becas
Aquí encontrará informaciones sobre las posibilidades de financiación del DAAD para estudiantes, graduados, doctorados y docentes así como los programas de financiación de otras instituciones.
Research Grants – Cotutelle Doctoral Programmes • DAAD
The aim of this programme is to promote binational doctoral degrees at the home university and at a university in Germany according to the so-called "cotutelle" procedure. The prerequisite is an individual agreement between the participating universities about the doctoral programme which is to be supervised.
Who can apply?
What can be funded?
Duration of the funding
- Maximum of 18 months; the grant may also be used within the framework of several shorter stays within a period of three consecutive years. The length of the grant is decided by a selection committee and depends on the project in question and the applicant's work schedule
- Applicants should outline how they plan to divide their time between Germany and the home university in a work and time schedule in their application.
- Grants are initially awarded for a maximum of twelve months. Extensions depend on achievements rendered in the first year.
- During stays at their home university, the grant is interrupted.
- Monthly payments for doctoral candidates during the stay in Germany: 1,200 euros
- Payments towards health, accident and personal liability insurance cover
- Travel allowance, unless these expenses are covered by the home country or another source of funding
- One-off research allowance
- Travel and accommodation expenses according to the German Federal Travel Expenses Law for supervising university teachers for one trip of up to 10 days
- undertaken by the foreign university teacher to Germany to monitor progress
- undertaken by the German university teacher to the home university of the scholarship holder to take part in final examinations.
The nature of the trips should be specified in the work and time schedule submitted with the application.
- monthly rent subsidy
- monthly allowance for accompanying members of family
- Payment of course fees for the online language course "Deutsch-Uni Online (DUO)" (www.deutsch-uni.com) for six months after receipt of the Scholarship Award Letter
- if necessary: Language course (2, 4 or 6 months) before the start of the research stay; the DAAD decides whether to fund the grant holder's participation and for how long depending on language skills and project. If a language course scholarship is granted and the working language at the host institute is German, participation is compulsory.
- Allowance for a personally chosen German language course during the grant period
- Reimbursement of the fees for the TestDaF test which has either been taken in the home country after receipt of the Scholarship Award Letter or in Germany before the end of the funding period
- As an alternative to the TestDaF for scholarship holders who have taken a language course beforehand: the fee for a DSH examination taken during the scholarship period may be reimbursed.
The most important selection criteria:
- a convincing and well-planned research project or course of continuing education
- academic achievements
What requirements must be met?
- [list|Applicants from third countries or German applicants, who live in a foreign country, are asked to get in touch with the responsible branch office or section within the DAAD before they hand in an application to discuss possible special application requirements.
- [list|The scholarship should start with the winter semester (October); an earlier/later beginning is only accepted in very exceptional cases and should be discussed with the responsible branch office respectively section within the DAAD before submitting the application. The minimum stay in Germany must be 7 months. This must become clear from the submitted time schedule.
- As a rule, applicants should have taken their final examinations no longer than six years before the application deadline.
- Applicants who have been resident in Germany for longer than 15 months at the application deadline cannot be considered.
For applicants from the fields of human medicine, veterinary medicine and dentistry, other regulations are applicable. Please refer to the leaflet "Additional information on DAAD Research Grants for applicants from medical fields" (www.daad.de/extrainfo).
- Good German language skills – especially for students taking arts subjects – are usually a requirement for studying in Germany. Exceptions are possible if scholarship holders are participating in programme which is taught in English.
- If so the applicant must add a confirmation about the language of instruction of the German study course to his/her application. If the applicant is not an English native speaker he/she must add a proof of good English language skills to his/her application.
Please note that the access to the application portal only appears while the current application period is running. After the application deadline has expired, the portal for this programme is not available until the next application period.
The access to the DAAD portal generally opens about 6 weeks before the application deadline at the latest.
Documents to be uploaded to the DAAD portal
- Online application form
- Full curriculum vitae in tabular form (max. 3 pages)
- List of publications (max. 10 pages), if applicable
- Extensive and detailed description of the research proposal which has been agreed upon with both academic advisers – in the home country and in Germany – and a description of previous research work (max. 10 pages)
- Schedule of planned research work and visits from academic adviser
- Individual supervision agreement between the home university and the cooperating German University (Cotutelle contract). If this is not yet available at the time of application, it must be subsequently submitted before the grant-supported research begins.
- University degree certificate indicating final grade(s): the certificate must be subsequently submitted before the grant-supported research begins if it is not available at the time of application.
- Proof of admission to a doctoral programme at the home university
- Other documents which support your application (example: certificates of employment, proof of placements, etc.)
- All university certificates on all annual examinations with individual grade(s), incl. explanation of grading system.
- German or English translations of documents submitted in the national language
To be submitted by post:
One recent reference from a university teacher which provides information about your qualifications (hand-signed, no digital or scanned signature). Please regard the instructions given on the tab “Submitting an application“.
c/o Goethe Institut
Calle Zurbarán, 21
Tel.: +34 (91) /7024-920
Fax.: +34 (91)/7024-920
- Your application is only valid if you submit all the required documents to the DAAD portal on time.
- For submitting references by post, the postmark date serves as proof that they have been dispatched on time.
- (If further documents are to be submitted by post, please send them as soon as possible.)
- Incomplete applications cannot be considered. Applicants are responsible for ensuring that their applications are complete.
- The application documents remain with the DAAD. Data relating to applicants is saved by the DAAD in accordance with the Federal Data Protection Act and with the EU Data Protection Regulation insofar as this data is needed to process the application.
Information and advisory centres
c/o Goethe Institut
Calle Zurbarán, 21
Tel.: +34 (91) /7024-920
Fax.: +34 (91)/7024-920
DAAD - Deutscher Akademischer Austausch Dienst (German Academic Exchange Service)
Section ST24 - Western, Northern and Southern Europe
Mrs Julia Regel
Phone: +49 (228) 882 432
More detailed information
El uso de este portal a través de celulares o smartphones es limitado. Por favor usa tu computadora para postular. Requisitos técnicos
General information on the application via DAAD portal
This is what you have to do:
1. Register in the DAAD portal (Read notes about registering in the portal >>)
2. Request references
The form, which has to be completed by a referee, has to be generated in the DAAD portal in the section "Request reference" after registration and downloaded. Please send the form by e-mail to your referee and ask for the completed reference form to be returned to you in a sealed envelope. In each case, please provide your referee with the application address thus enabling him/her to send the recommendation letter there direct.
Please note that the form for completion by a referee can only be generated during the application period (from about 6 weeks before the application deadline).
Please generate one form for each referee.
The reference is confidential and may not be viewed by the applicant!
3. Applying online in the DAAD portal (Read notes on applying in the portal >>)
- Download and complete the online application form
- Prepare application documents
- If necessary, translate documents (unless they are already in German or English).
- Scan paper documents (except references) and save in PDF format. Please note that you can only upload PDF files to the portal.
- Upload the completed application form and the other application documents to the portal in PDF format. Translations, if applicable, should be uploaded together with the document issued in the original language.
- Submit the uploaded application documents online.
4. Sending application documents by post
References must be sent in the unopened envelope to the application location.
Information for applicants from non-EU countries:
Please remember to specify the exact contents of your postal consignment in the documents for the customs authorities, e.g. "Application for a scholarship with application documents, a reference and a DVD with work samples (no commercial goods, no merchandise value, no insurable value)".
If you have any technical questions or problems your local information and advice centres could not help you with, please do not hesitate to contact our technical Portal hotline: +49 (0228) 882-8888 or via e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org, open every weekday from 9.00 am to 12.00 pm and from 2.00 pm to 4.00 pm (CET).
Please consider this when you are planning your application.
La convocatoria para este programa no se encuentra abierta en este momento. Para mayor información, favor mira la fecha límite que se especifica en el texto sobre las condiciones de este programa.